Why do I need an Antivirus?
If you are becoming more involved in the cryptocurrency world, you may be aware of the many scams that exist in this particular industry. However, protecting yourself from scams is not the only thing you need to be careful of. Protecting your computer from malware is just as important. Hackers are becoming better at installing malware through websites, and hidden applications you may install on your computer and the best way to protect yourself from malware from stealing your cryptocurrency or information is by having an Antivirus installed on your computer.
Which Antivirus is the best?
Choosing an Antivirus can be difficult, however, not having one at all is even worse. We will recommend our most favorite Antivirus solution.
Best Free Antivirus
Avira Free Security Suite – FREE
Avira is one of the best free Antivirus suites you can install on your computer. Some features that stand out are is the optional “in-the-cloud detection” feature called Protection Cloud. This scanning method lets Avira’s antivirus tool identify and stop threats before they get out of hand.
This is how it works: When a suspicious file is detected on any computer running Avira, a fingerprint of that specific file is generated and uploaded anonymously to Avira so that they can scan it and report its status (whether it’s safe or dangerous) back to every Avira user so that the program can take appropriate action.
Avira can scan and remove existing threats as well as automatically detect and stop new ones. It protects you against ransomware, Trojans, spyware, and other kinds of malware. You can even choose which ones to actively watch out for, and disable others (though it’s not recommended) like dialers, jokes, adware, etc.
Avira Free Antivirus can also:
- Scan on a schedule
- Check files with any file extension or just the ones you manually choose from
- Disable the ability to stop active scans (so that viruses can not stop the program from finding them)
- Adjust the scanner’s priority level
- Scan master boot sectors
- Follow symbolic links to scan the actual files
- Search for rootkits before starting a scan
- Scan the Windows Registry
- Ignore files on network drives
- Automatically repair, rename, quarantine, delete or ignore threats when they’re found
- Use heuristic scanning
- Add files, folders, and processes to the ignore list
- Manage Windows Firewall settings
- Password protect the program’s settings
- Block auto-run on removable devices
- Make the hosts file read-only
Best Paid Antivirus (Recommended)
ESET Smart Security – $59 per year
Eset is one of the most advanced and best Antivurs solutions on the market. ESET uses thee levels of protection, starting with malware detection engine that scans for known malware signatures. Then, it adds heuristic monitoring which checks for unknown malware threats and monitors software behavior. AV-TEST lab has tested the software and ESET demonstrates nearly perfect results and detects 99.8% to 99.9% of malware samples.
ESET Smart Security can also:
- Email Attachment scans
- Game mode scanning
- Anti-spam protection
- Anti-phishing protection
- Networking scanning
- Parental Controls
- 2-Way Firewall
- Anti-theft for devices
- Webcam protection
- Virtual keyboard
- Password manager
- File Encryption
- Real-time scanning of applications and processes
- Medium to low profile while running in the background
- Quick full system indexed scanning
- And many more premium features
How to install Avira Free Security Suite
1. Head over to avira.com and install the free security suite
2. Run the software for installation.
3. After it installs click on the Avira Antivirus in the Security Suite.
4. You will see that your computer is now protected in Real-time protection as well as an added Firewall. Avira also offers many other features that you can take advantage of.